A rack server is a small rectangular structure that can be quickly jolted into a rack mount. The rack mount can smoothly fit several rack servers, allowing it to fit small close sets. It has all the components of a tower server in a more compact space.
With 2u rack servers, you get convenience, cooling, enough power, and so on. Due to the availability of multiple models on the market, sometimes users get into a dilemma.
To solve your doubts regarding the top rack servers, read on:
ThinkSystem SR550 Rack Server:
The ThinkSystem SR550 balances performance and capacity in a 2U form factor. This is specially designed to provide cost-efficiency and allows to meet both workloads as well as the budgetary needs of the enterprise.
Due to the second-gen Intel Xeon processor, you experience 36% more performance than the previous generations. It accelerates per-core performance and hardware security migrations around.
The Think system servers are specially designed to standardize, simplify and automate foundational server management tasks. Thanks to Lenovo XClarity Administrator, a virtualized application for centrally managing servers, storage, and networking capabilities.
This can automatically reduce manual provisioning up to the mark of 95%. Running XClarity Integrator helps streamline navigation, IT management, speed provisioning, seamless integration, etc.
- It offers 2nd second-generation Intel Xeon Platinum processors, up to 125W, that can offer you next-gen speed.
- With a memory capacity of Up to 768GB in 12x slots, 64GB DIMMs, 2666MHz / 2933MHz TruDDR4, you can easily perform heavy-duty tasks.
- Thanks to Lenovo ThinkShield, TPM offers high-level security.
ThinkSystem DE240S 2U24 SFF Expansion Enclosure:
ThinkSystem DE series can simultaneously fulfil your growing storage capacity and performance needs. This server can match heavy-workload requirements with performance-optimized capacity. Typically, it offers 3.5-inch and 2.5-inch SSDs and HDDs featuring 12 Gb SAS connectivity.
With more drive expansion and enclosure series, this server can respond to the growing demands of current IT workloads.
- It has the form factor of 2U, 24 SFF drive bays (2U24).
- This model offers the expansion units in the below-mentioned categories:
- DE2000H: Up to 3 DE240S 2U24 SFF expansion units
- DE4000H: Up to 3 DE240S 2U24 SFF expansion units
- DE4000F: Up to 4 DE240S 2U24 SFF expansion units
- DE6000H: Up to 7 DE240S 2U24 SFF expansion units
With the capacity of expansion ports 8 x 12Gb SAS, you can perform resource-intensive tasks so easily.
ThinkSystem SR650 V2 Rack Server:
Lenovo delivers engineered, tested, and certified IT solutions that are high-performance, scalable and cost-effective. By combining industrial-leading x86 servers, it provides world-class performance and best-in-class innovation.
You can make your business operations smarter with ThinkSytem SR650 servers, as they provide room for data analytics, hybrid cloud, hyper-converged infrastructure, video surveillance, high-performance computing, etc.
This server is tuned with Intel Optane persistent memory 200 series, providing room for superfast performance. In this system, data gets stored close to the processor, enabling faster access and swift data transfer as per real-time analytics.
- Due to 1xIntel Xeon Silver 4309Y 8C 2.8GHz 105W, you can greatly experience super-fast processing speed.
- This server has a memory capacity of 32GB/12TB/TruDDR4 that lets you never lag at work.
- The processor supports the 3.5″ SATA/SAS/NVMe hard disk drive or 2.5″ SATA/SAS/NVMe.
ThinkSystem DE2000H 2U24 SFF Hybrid Flash Array:
The ThinkSystem DE Series Hybrid Flash Array has adaptive-caching algorithms. This model is engineered to handle heavy workloads ranging from high-IOPS or bandwidth-intensive streaming applications.
These systems are targeted for backup considerations and recovery of high-performance computing like Big Data/ Virtualization. This server is specially designed to deliver 99.9999% availability via fully redundant I/O paths, advanced data protection functionalities, and extensive diagnostic capabilities.
It’s also highly secure, with robust data security that helps protect overall business assets. Scaling also becomes easy with the modular design of ThinkSystem DE servers and their simple management tools. You can start working on your system in less than 10 minutes.
With extensive configuration flexibility, custom performance tuning and complete control over the data placement enable administrators to maximize their performance. Multiple viewpoints offered by graphical management tools supply the key to information and storage.
- It offers 2U, 24 SFF drive bays (2U24).
- With an expansion capacity of
- Up to 3 DE120S 2U12 LFF expansion units
- Up to 3 DE240S 2U24 SFF expansion units
- The model offers a system memory capacity of 16GB.
ThinkSystem SR850 V2 Mission-Critical Server:
The Lenovo ThinkSystem effortlessly dispatches standard workloads like general business applications and server consolidation. This also accumulates in a high-growth area of the organization.
You can keep rapid response capabilities in Lenovo’s 2u server that offers 3rd Generation Intel Xeon scalable processors.
- It has a 2xV2 Gold 5318H 18C 2.5GHz 150W processor that can smoothly handle multi-tasking activities.
- This has a memory capacity of 32GB/18TB/TruDDR4, which makes your device easy to process.
- The model’s a 24.75MB processor cache.
In the above-mentioned article, we have mentioned the top models of rack servers that let you perform multiple tasks smoothly. Conduct proper research on these servers before buying and grab the best model!